Super Bowl LVI saw the Los Angeles Rams beat the Cincinnati Bengals in a 23-20 thriller. While LA’s extra three points made the difference, it was the number two that told the story.
- The Bengals defense picked up 2 interceptions and 2 sacks on Matthew Stafford. Tee Higgins recorded 2 touchdowns, one from Joe Burrow and one from running back Joe Mixon.
- The Rams only had 2 rushing first downs and 2 first downs from penalties…
- Odell Beckham Jr and Von Miller also had a game full of the number 2. Beckham had 2 receptions for 52 yards before he was tragically injured in the second quarter with his second knee injury while playing for his 2nd team all within the span of 2 years.
- super bowl MVP Cooper Kupp, who was the second wide receiver to win Super Bowl MVP in the past 5 years. Kupp had a legendary game as he caught 2 touchdown passes and had 92 yards. The 2nd of the two resulted in the game winning touchdown for the Rams.
- Von Miller had 2 total tackles, 2 sacks, and 2 tackles for loss.
- Aaron Donald also left everything on the field as he recorded 2 sacks and 2 tackles for loss. He also made 2 crucial back to back stops to cement the Rams as the Super Bowl champions.